Objectives: To develop written and oral communication skills in students to groom them
as effective management professionals.
- Communication - Meaning and significance for management - Types of
communication - Media-Barriers to communication - Principles of effective
- Correspondence - Norms for Business letters - Letter for different kinds of
situations - Personalized standard letters , enquiries , customers complaints , collection
letters - sales promotion letters.
- Report writing - Structure of reports - long & short reports - formal &
informal reports - writing research reports, technical reports - norms for including
exhibits & appendices.
- Non-verbal communication - personal appearance, posture - body language -
use of charts , diagrams & tables - audio visual aids for communication - Dyadic
Communication: face to face communication - telephonic conversation.
- Conducting Meetings : Procedure - preparing Agenda , minutes and
resolutions - conducting seminars and conferences:- Procedure of Regulating speech -
evaluating oral presentation - Group Discussion: Drafting speech.
MBA Common Subjects