Law of Crimes
General Principles of Criminal Law.
1. General Principles of Criminal Law.
2. The Indian Penal Code 1860 : Teritorial Jurisdiction, Stages of crime : Dectorine of Mens rea; Inchoat crimes - Preparation, attempt, General Explanation; Public Servent, MovableProperty; Wrongful gain and worngful loss; Dishonestly, Fraudulently, Reason to believe. Conterfeilt; Illegal Injury, Security 'Act' and Omission, Voluntary, Injury. Good faith, Illegal Injury, Offence, Document, Harbour, Judge.
3. General Exceptions :
A. Mistake of facts and mistake of Law, Judicial act, Accident, Act done without criminal intention and to prevent other harm ; Act of person of unsound mind, Act of intoxicated person.
B. General Exceptions :
C. Acts done with consent, Act done in good faith without constent, Communication made in good faith; Act done under compulsion, Act causing slight harm : Right to private defence.
4. Join Liability : Common intention, common object Abetment Criminal Conspiracy, Constructive Liability.
5. Offences Affecting Public Peace & State Authorities : unlawful asembly, Rioting Affray, Public Servant, Taking grafication other legal remunation in respect of official act, giving evidence, Fabricating false evidence, sedition, Public nuisance.
6. Offences Affecting the Human Body : Culpable homicide, murder, Criminal negligence and reshness, Attempt to commit urder and suide; miscarriage, hurt Grivious hurt, Voluntary restraint and wrongful confinement, force and criminal force, Assault, Kidnapping and abudction.
7. Offences Against Property : Theft, Extortion, Robbery, Dacoity, Criminal misappropriation of property, Criminal breach of trust; receiving stolen properly Cheating, mischief, criminal trespass, House breaking.
8. Offence Relating to Document: Forgery,Making a false domument. offence,Adultery,Bigamy.
9. Offence relating to Sex and Marriage: Rape, Sexual offences, Unnatural offence, Adultery, bigamy.
10. Offences Affecting Personal Peace and Reputation: Defamation Criminal Intimidation, Criminal Insult.
1. Reg.v. Govinda (1876) ILR I Bom.342.
2. Kedar Nath v. State of Bihar, AIR 1962 SC 955 (1962),2 Cr LJ 103 (SC).
3. Laxman Kalu v. State of Maharashtra,AIR 1968 SC 1890,1`968 Cr.LJ 1647.
4. T.V. Vadgama v. State of Gujarat,AIR 1973 SC 2213; 1972 Cr. LJ 1542 (SC).
5. K.M.Nanavati v. State of Maharashtra,AIR 1962 SC 605 (1965) 2 Cr.LJ 521 (SC).
6. Bachan Singh v.State of Punjab,AIR 1980 SC 896.
The Indian Penal Code 1860
Offences Against Property
Offences Affecting the Human Body
Offences Affecting Public Peace & State Authorities