Definition, Nature, Scope, Rule of Law, Separation of powers. Relationship between Administrative Law and Constitutional Law, Sources of Administrative Law. Government, Administrative Authorities and Bodies.
Statutory Corporations including their control, the extent of executive power, Administrative Finality and the Court review.
Delegated Legislation-Nature,Scope,Forms,Necessity,Control,including judicial Parliamentary and Legislative, Conditional legislation and Sub-delegation.
Henry III Clause
Administrative Process-Administrative Action,Administrative Discretion and Quasi-Judicial Elements in Administrative Procedure.
Principles of Natural Justice and their Contorl, Doctrine of Bias, Audi Alteram Partem, rights to Consult,Reasoned Decision.
Administrative Adjudication- Reasons growth, structure and procedure of Bodies,like Tribunals; Finality of the Tribunal Decisions, Administrative Tribunals Act,1985.
Judicial Control of Administrative Action-Habeas Corpus,Mandamus, Certiorari, Prohibition and Qua warranto writs, Redressal of Citizens Grievances, Central Vigilance Commission, Commission of Enquiry Act, Ombudsman, Lokpal; Lokyukts of the State of Rajasthan.
Government liability in Torts and Contracts, Suits against the Government and Public Authorities.
Leading Cases :
1. A.K.Kripak v Union of India, AIR 1970 SC 150 (1969) 2 SCCC 262.
2. In Re-Delhi Laws Act.etc. AIR 1951 SC 332.
3. Raj Narain v. Chairman, Patna Administration AIR 1954 SC 569.
4. Syed Yakoob v. Radha Krishna, AIR 1964 SC 477.
5. Rohtas Industries Pvt Ltd. v S.D. Agarwal.AIR 1969 Sc 707.
6. State of Karnataka v. Union of India, AIR 1978 SC 68.