1) Position & Boundaries – States – Union territories – Physical features
– Main Physiographic divisions.
2) CLIMATE: Climatic divisions – Forest types and nature region – Rainfall,
Water resources – Irrigation – Hydroelectric power projects – Multipurpose projects.
3) HUMAN ASPECTS: Distribution of Population, Population growth,
regional diversities, Culture & Caste.
4) MINERAL AND POWER RESOURCES: Metallic and Non-metallic
minerals, Coal, Petroleum, Iron & Steel, Atomic power.
5) CHIEF CROPS: Soil types – distribution of Crops, Livestock, Fisheries,
Forest – Conservation of resources, Problem of Indian Agriculture.
6) TRANSPORT & COMMUNICATION: Railways, Roads, Air
Transports, Transport, Trade – Internal and International – Changing Pattern.
7) OUR NEIGHBOURS: Pakistan, China, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, and